Musings of a quilting librarian Grandma.
Name:
Location: United States

Links

Archives

Monday, January 23, 2006

Yes, I'm Alive

It's been months since I last wrote on this blog, but the holidays are a blur.

At the library, we are now planning a renovation project, and we will be closed for 6-8 weeks in April and May. My staff will be farmed out to other branches and I will work in the closed building. We are rearranging stacks, recovering worn-out furniture, and getting new flooring with Eco-floors, made from recycled tires. It's all very exciting!

On the quilting front, I finished darling grandbaby's pinwheel quilt and presented it to her in November. She was not that excited, but Dad (my older son) and Mom were quite pleased. If I had a digital camera that actually worked, I could post a photo.
I also machine quilted a twin-bed sized quilt that my other daughter-in-law made for my 4-year old grandson, with a darling 4-patch front and Thomas the Train sheet as backing. He got this from his mom on Christmas and he was very excited. He brought it Christmas morning for the family to see, and when we were admiring the pieced side, he told us we were looking at the wrong side. The THOMAS side was the good one, so we admired that side as well.

I have not been blogging or quilting, or even reading much lately, because I have been knitting. I had absolutely no interest in knitting until I took a class at the library staff training day. I learned to knit, and I was hooked. It's so fun and so portable. For Christmas, I made 6 scarves for presents for most of the girls in the family. Then I started a lace shawl, and have been having so much fun with it, but it is full of holes, some in the lace pattern, and many that are not supposed to be there. But, I guess that's to be expected for someone who just started knitting in October.

I will write more frequently, and find a way to post photos!