Musings of a quilting librarian Grandma.
Name:
Location: United States

Links

Archives

Friday, September 23, 2005

first post

This is my first posting to my blog that my wonderful son set up for me. You can see that I am a librarian and a quilter, as well as a grandmother. I like to read quilt blogs and library blogs and just decided to try to write my own musings. I am a librarian at a branch library in a big system in the Midwest, (or the Plains or the South or the Southwest, depending on which book you look at ).
I have been married a very long time, I have 2 married sons and 3 adorable grandchildren.

I was wishing that I had this blog up and going on Saturday, because the weirdest things happened. At 6:30 the security company called me to say there was an alarm at the library, and they would call me if the police saw anything suspicious. This happens about once a month, so I wasn't too worried. So Mr. Q woke up and went in the other room, and the cats were acting scared, hissing and snarling, right at the entrance to my spare bedroom/sewing room. He got me and we went to investigate and there was a racoon in the sewing room! It was a big racoon, just looking at us. We were afraid to go into the room, because we thought it might attack, so we decided to call someone later, and we went back to bed. When we woke up at 7:30 the cats were just fine and dragged me into the sewing room and asked for food, so I assume the racoon had left. Now we will lock the cat flap (or cat fwap as our grandson calls it).